Don't forget about RECERTIFICATION for 2020!
Get started by going to the EPSARC recertification instructions web page and follow the four steps. Here's some things to note:
- Use the I want to: box to select Register for Clinic or Fitness Test to get started!!!
- Select a clinic
- Pay the registration fee
- Look for the green button saying, "Online Lessons". Click it to get started with the on-line modules, test, and SafeSport training. Be aware that It takes 1.5 - 2.0 hours to do the SafeSport training.
- Look in the Member Information window to check the status of your background clearances. If the message is green, your clearances are good for the 2020 season (and maybe longer). If it's red, you need to update your clearances for the 2020 season. The message will look something like this:
2018 RM Officer Approved
Update Required in 2023
Make sure you complete all of the steps on the EPSARC recertification instructions web page, so when you show up for the clinic, you don't get sent home.
What about that Referee Insurance that EPSARC purchased for all of us last year?
- We need to renew at our expense, however we get a group discount: (click on image below to renew)
TIm Snyder is the assignor for the leagues that have teams in the Berks area. Tim uses GameOfficials for his assigning, so you will need to join his GameOfficials Group to work with him.
2019-2020 LAWS of the GAME INFORMATION
EPSARC and US Soccer have added some documents, including "simplified" comments regarding the new LOTG changes and clarifications, key Offside considerations, and analysis of Match Situations. Click the buttons, below, to read them.
YOUTH REFEREE PROFILES
SOME NOTES FROM THE ASSOCIATION
- RBJSL has switched their website and procedures. Please save www.rbjsl.epysalive.org to your preferences and stand by!!
- RBSRA highly recommends that all officials purchase a GREEN alternate jersey, to add to your yellow one. It's good to have a second color, if you are doing three-man games and tournaments. You will find that you'll use it more than a red or blue jersey and it will give a three-man crew the flexibility to use a second color that everyone has.